League of Non-Aligned Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday
Reason for Absence I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:47 pm by {LNAW}Cygna

» Merry Crimbo
Reason for Absence I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 6:48 am by {LNAW}Cygna

» Support CF 1.9 - CF 2.0 Release
Reason for Absence I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:59 pm by {LNAW}Alpha-Centauri

» Revival of LNAW in CF
Reason for Absence I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:58 pm by {LNAW}Alpha-Centauri

» Greetings to the LNAW
Reason for Absence I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 pm by Scarz

» Reason for Absence
Reason for Absence I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:37 am by {LNAW}Cygna

» WHERE IS OUR CLAN GONE?
Reason for Absence I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:37 am by {LNAW}Alpha-Centauri

» WHEN WE ARE ONLINE?!
Reason for Absence I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:23 pm by SA_Forlon

» Where are you guys?
Reason for Absence I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:08 pm by {LNAW}Alpha-Centauri

Gallery

Reason for Absence Empty

Reason for Absence

+2
{LNAW}Aquila
{LNAW}Cygna
6 posters

Go down

Reason for Absence Empty Reason for Absence

Post  {LNAW}Cygna Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:06 am

Hi Guys,

I am aware that you may be wondering where i have gone of late and
why i am not on Crossfire 1.9.
This is because of a few reasons which i will now explain.

1. Crossfire 1.9 in my view was wrong to be released as it has alot of bugs and not just
in single player but on the server too.
Crashing and red lag were getting on my nerves, I mean what does he think he is doing
by releasing it in its current state??
I know why...he wants us to find out the probs with it do all the work so he can patch
things up later on. Well sorry thats not right really, and besides i am fed up with the
elitisim on Swat Portal, you cant say anything without being flamed down to look like
an idiot, too many best buds on there.

2. I lost my job and i have been looking hard in finding a new one, so the pressure on
my end has been very high indeed, especially xmas being around the corner.
But u will be pleased to know that i start my new job this coming Monday, so Hoorah!!

3. To tell you the truth, i have tried other mods, the one i am on now is Nightstalkers universe
which is based on all Sci Fi progs and films.
The ping is alittle high but there is no lag and is smooth as silk, the only problem at the mo
is its only Multiplayer and no single player, but i have been told it will be soon maybe.
Firedragon is on there who is ex Xfire, so there are some on there that i know.
I have only been playing it for 2 nights as Disco is shite, not my cup of tea, but if you guys want to go on there i would most prob see you on there, that would be Nightstalkers.

Now....don't be disheartened, LNAW is not dead, I am just waiting for 1.9 to be sorted out and
become more stable, as it is i wont be on, does my head in.
How can we do missions on there if all you get is serious lag and crashes, not worth it at the mo mates.
When i tried Disco, there was 145 ppl online and i had no lag whatsoever, so that tells you something, something is up with OP's server.

Still, i'd expect he will have it all sorted out and hopefully it is good enough to play on.fingers crossed.

I will understand if any of you want to leave our clan, but all i ask is to be patient with me.
Until 1.9 is 100% better, i will play on nightstalkers universe for now, you guys are free to
join me if u want to.
But as far as i am concerend 1.9 is a no go area for now, once its improved then i will commence
the LNAW clan, you Aquila, Alpha may still fly the flag if you so wish.

So there it is, I owed it to you guys to explain whats going on, and i hope you will stay and
have some great times on the 1.9 mod that is Crossfire when all is good.
Thank you for your attention.

Safe Flying

Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
Commodore
Commodore

Male Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Reason for Absence Empty Re: Reason for Absence

Post  {LNAW}Aquila Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:19 am

Hi Cygna, thanks for letting us know where you are at, glad you found yourself a new job, being out of work is never good. As far as crossfire goes i guess i am taking a break at the moment, i'm having serious problems with my internet and until something changes its no fun to play. I am hoping to have moved on from my current job/accommodation by December so when i do or if my internet improves i will endeavor to get back into the game, hopefully 1.9 will be fixed up by then also .

I had a lot of fun playing crossfire with everyone so I am hoping to get back into it again

I can relate to how you feel about the forums, to a new player a lot of the attitudes dont make any sense, least of all how OP's sometimes.

all the best,

Aquila
{LNAW}Aquila
{LNAW}Aquila
Commander
Commander

Male Virgo Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  {LNAW}Cygna Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:25 am

Thanks alot Aquila for your understanding, it must be frustrating to you at this moment in time, what
with ur landlord screwing up ur server and being in a clan thats not doing anything at the mo?

New News:

My main PC has suffered a blow, my nVidia graphics card has packed in. Crying or Very sad
So, playing nightstalkers universe and the other mods have now stopped.

A new 1 gig nVidia card for it will set me back a small sum of 45 quid, so when i have the
dosh, its on to Amazon to get it.
Even tho i have a new laptop, i can only play xfire 1.9 or Disco, so as 1.9 is still bug out its disco
at the mo. Nightstalker for some reason won't play on my 64 bit laptop???
You both are more than welcome to join me.

Anyhow, i will see you's in space. i hope

Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
Commodore
Commodore

Male Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  [UR]GrandAndreasK Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:52 am

CF have been running 90% stabile for about a week now if you guys dident notice... Sleep

and the comands in back too.....but those money transfer comands are offline becouse they where causing problems and are being fixed... cheers

And for the comunety.....you have just bumped into the wrong people.......again... Rolling Eyes

i'd say about 60% is actually nice once you get to know them.....but they have ego's on the size of the sun so you have to weight your words on a golden scale all the time lol!

i have tolerated most of them for years......once you lern how they think....they are acculy quite easy to talk to......use reverse-psycology tongue

ah im sure there are many good comuneties around there mods.....but CF got the best gameplay,graphics and dynamics.....and who knows what the future may hold...

CF online is ment for everyone....but if you ask me then i'd say that the elite players have made it to an adult game.....real personal wars and rivality's...i live for that action lol! but they do drag it too far sometimes scratch but i guess that cant be helped Wink

annyway Cygna&Aquila i am glad you have decided to not do such back-breaking work anymore^^ just get a desk-job tongue

all tho there is many ways to make money....my friend Thom has been buying cheap houses and fixing them upp and rent them out for a good price.....ah" that reminds me...there is a saying....."Dont work for your money make the money work for you" with that said then im sure you can expand your ebay shop to new global hights Laughing

(pssst* buy stuff on http://www.dealextreme.com/?gclid=CL3Ew9TGlqwCFUa_zAod8jvpOA and sell it)

i will wait for all of you online so we can pick upp where we left off santa

i and Vishnu realy miss you guys because CF is not the same without you chaps online Sad
[UR]GrandAndreasK
[UR]GrandAndreasK
Spacer Recruit

Male Scorpio Horse

http://unitedrebels.heavenforum.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  {LNAW}Alpha-Centauri Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Hey guys

as I already wrote at another topic, my studies are stealing all of my time at the moment Sad I will try to be online as often as possible!

I hope to see you all again very soon in space!

Greetings,
Alpha
{LNAW}Alpha-Centauri
{LNAW}Alpha-Centauri
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  SA_Forlon Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi guys,

hope all goes for you all well. Latest info from CF is that mod is running most stable, RP is rising and almost every day are launched funny events (Cro, Husker).

Martind
SA_Forlon
SA_Forlon
Spacer Recruit

Male Cancer Tiger

http://www.silverarrowsclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  {LNAW}Alpha-Centauri Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:32 am

Hey mates,

haven't seen you on space and/or at forum for a long time!!!!!!!!!
Would be happy to see you again in space soon! The mod is running very stable now!!!!!
It's so boring being the only LNAW online!!!!!!

Greetings,
Alpha
{LNAW}Alpha-Centauri
{LNAW}Alpha-Centauri
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  {LNAW}Cygna Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:42 pm

{LNAW}Alpha-Centauri wrote:Hey mates,

haven't seen you on space and/or at forum for a long time!!!!!!!!!
Would be happy to see you again in space soon! The mod is running very stable now!!!!!
It's so boring being the only LNAW online!!!!!!

Greetings,
Alpha

Hi Alpha,

At this moment in time and space, I am playing NightStalkers Universe Mod.
I can Understand why you feel bored on Xfire being the only LNAW on there.
As I was when it kept on crashing, Red Lagging and after ship handling and
Cargo space altering, it become for me tiresome for me.

Still....its still a fine Mod and no doubt I will be back soon.
If the Ships Dynamics were left alone as it were in 1.82, then alot of ppl would
have stayed, for me and many others its all wrong.
Add things to a Mod, don't make huge changes to the original concept, meaning
ship weight ratios, commoditities taking more space in cargo, it just doesn't add up
to me.
If your cargo says it holds a 1000 units of goods, then a 1000 it should hold, not say
They are the sort of changes alot of ppl wont gel with, Grand would only tell u that
also.
Anyhow, feel free to do what you will with the LNAW flag, I WILL come back someday
but not just yet....Feel free to join me and others on NSU if you want to.
You would be most welcomed.

Have A Nice Christmas, see you all soon...

Cygna

{LNAW}Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
Commodore
Commodore

Male Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Reason for Absence Empty I wish you'd try Nightstalkers Universe.

Post  {LNAW}Hawkinz Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:52 am

So, I'm a stranger to two of you. That in and of itself is important, but I'll get to that later.

Yes, As Grand puts it, he has spend years with these guys in this community, and he has learned the intricacies of how to deal with them, how to manipulate them in order to be able to communicate with them (the reverse psychology comment). Personally, I don't agree that this is how you should deal with other members of your community. I found an issue, I found that most people that were deeply involved in that community already knew about that issue and thus telling those in charge about the issue was useless, since they already knew about it. They were keeping it quiet. It was a clear cut case of "The rules apply to you, not to us." That is something I will not abide. Regardless of how nice (or not) the Mod was, it is the people within it and the community around it that makes the difference to me. The attitudes I encountered just about drove me away from playing Freelancer altogether.

You may say I should have just forgone the community and played the game. Unfortunately, one of those elite community members decided he was going to make my game playing experience on the server quite hellish, just because I pointed out the rules he was breaking. So, that example of how community interaction was going to interfere with gameplay is yet another reason why I was done.

Now, I've heard more than one community member at CF insult Grand behind his back. I've read insulting comments posted in the forums... and it makes me wonder why he would defend that community... and the only reason I can think of is because he doesn't want to have to start everything over again from scratch on another server. He's lucky enough to have this Clan system on CF that he doesn't have to pay for (yes, I'm claiming that he doesn't have to pay the 20 euro monthly for that system) and he has made an investment of time and energy into CF that he doesn't want to throw away. That's fine. But for all the talk of gameplay, graphics, etc... that CF has to offer, I'm actually not as impressed as he is that CF is the only place to be.

Cygna kept after me, and I gave in. I installed Nightstalkers Universe and joined the community there. You know what? The people are 250% better. All of them. You don't have to walk on eggshells with some people, or learn the right psychological steps to be able to interact with a few of them. There is no sense that one player is of a higher status than another. You want to play by yourself and explore? You do that. You want to play with others and work together? You do that. You want to PvP? You do that. The mod creator himself (it's not a team effort, it was done by one person) comes by, not only on the forum, but on the server. One of the main attractions of NS Universe, is the fact that it was made to satisfy anyone who likes SciFi, and their need for nostalgia. So you can find some piece of SciFi that you loved in that universe, and bring it home to yourself.

If you have never tried NS Universe, then you should. You should not be afraid to do so... unless you fear you won't want to go back to CF... but honestly, that's not a bad thing. The only way anyone will be able to make that rotten, elitist community at CF change their ways, is to leave it behind. When they realize their choices are to change or die... well, they will change or they will die. Any gaming community that has the attitude of "Screw you... we don't need you... you have nothing to offer." deserves to fade away into the past. Community is not about making people feel like they don't belong... community is about reaching out to bring new people into it. The majority of members at CF do not feel this way. I don't care what percentage Grand points out... the majority of the people at CF either think they are better than the rest and they deserve special treatment, or they bow down and are subservient to that elitist minority.... boot-lickers is the expression. NEITHER of those is a welcome site to new members. As a new member, I didn't have to PROVE I had anything to offer... I was offering myself at a time when just sheer numbers were important. Think about that. When you just need NEW blood, you can't afford to make the new blood feel like they don't belong. Ignorance of that fact alone, is reason enough to turn your back on CF.

At any rate...
Galactic Gate There is the link to the forum for Nightstalker's Universe
Download the Mod There is the link for the Mod. No, it's not in a standard FLMOD format, but then again, you just extract what you download into a folder in your FLMM directory, and it works the way it should.

Give it a try. Oh... and just so you know... to get your own Clan system, you just need 5 active members. You don't have to pay by the month.
{LNAW}Hawkinz
{LNAW}Hawkinz
Captain
Captain

Male Pisces Rooster

http://www.bongart.us

Back to top Go down

Post  {LNAW}Cygna Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:20 pm

I could NOT have put that better myself m8.
So what you say Aquila, Alpha, Corvus,
What have you got to lose, just try it,if you don't like it then
you can go back to Crossfire.

Anyhow, i hope to see you in space real soon.

And by the way, Our new tag on NSU is {ISA}= Inter-Steller Alliance.
And I think this site may need an overhaul, what do you think Hawkinz?

See you in Space.........

Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
Commodore
Commodore

Male Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  {LNAW}Alpha-Centauri Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:34 am

Okay mates,

I will join you at your new mod but will also keep CF at my laptop, so that I can play em both and we can re-join CF anytime!

See ya
{LNAW}Alpha-Centauri
{LNAW}Alpha-Centauri
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  {LNAW}Alpha-Centauri Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:41 am

Downloading NSU 1.67 now. I hope it's the latest version and the correct one to see ya all soon again Wink
{LNAW}Alpha-Centauri
{LNAW}Alpha-Centauri
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  {LNAW}Cygna Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:38 am

{LNAW}Alpha-Centauri wrote:Downloading NSU 1.67 now. I hope it's the latest version and the correct one to see ya all soon again Wink

Yup, thats the right one.

I hope u are having a great Christmas all of you, as i am. Very Happy

See u soon.

Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
Commodore
Commodore

Male Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  SA_Forlon Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 am

Hello Smile ... still on NSU? Smile
SA_Forlon
SA_Forlon
Spacer Recruit

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  {LNAW}Cygna Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:56 pm

SA_Forlon wrote:Hello Smile ... still on NSU? Smile

Hello m8, long time no see, well a lot has happened in the past months,
job changes for one for me YET AGAIN!!, trying out other mods, getting banned
( a new one for me, Rolling Eyes ) and yet again problems with crappy players on NSU which has
caused problems with the NEW ISA clan.
Since the NSU problem, i haven't heard of my friend Hawkinz over the pond for ages now,
i must drop him line to see if he is ok.

Well Forlon, what can i say, i should be on Crossfire this coming Saturday to have a scout
around, and you never know may venture into IC. Shocked

I do sometimes pop on NSU as i have over 5 mods to choose from on this computer,
I just like Variety you see, Laughing
Got FireDragon on Shattered Worlds which he loves, but the server may close, so thats not good, he had probs also on NSU, people started to put him down and his clan
accusations were said, you know the story........
So i got him on SW's, where i went to, you see the thing is, a lot of the servers i try
have only a handful of people on them , so i TRY to help them and get more ppl on them, i got quite a few on there only to be banned on their forum bc i was dismayed
that they wanted us to send donations to them to keep the server going as the person who was doing no longer could afford it. Mad

And they had the cheek to dangle a 1.7 upgrade in front of us as to tempt us to pay, which i thought was very bad indeed.
So i voiced my disgust ( No Swearing mind ) and concequently got banned, after all my hard work and efforts in trying to boost the ppl stakes on their dead server.
I wont be playing that again........ Evil or Very Mad

Anyhow , thats it in a nutshell, I hope Hawks reads this, and perhaps we can sort things out once again, besides i know what he is like, if he gets really pissed off about
things, as he said in his post, he would go and never play Freelancer again, which i
hope he doesn't.

See you in space soon guys, i hope Wink

Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
Commodore
Commodore

Male Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  SA_Forlon Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:20 pm

{LNAW}Cygna wrote:... See you in space soon guys, i hope Wink ...

heh, it looks it was sooner as later! Very Happy Thx for info above and help in O3 m8! ... was nice see you after longer time in "fire-works" space in SA home Omega-3 Smile. What I can say, in CF was big change to much more friendly atmosphere (it ofc not mean less firing how you for sure noticed Very Happy). Maybe it it is not perfect mod, but I like it and hope we will meet much more in future. (I play usually every third evening for 4-5h hours)
SA_Forlon
SA_Forlon
Spacer Recruit

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  {LNAW}Cygna Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:37 am

LOL, try and stop me, oc i will pop on CF Forlon as it was that mod that started my
thirst for all things Freelancy.

I still rate it as one of the best out at the mo, but i am finding it hard to find the one
that beats it.. Wink

Still what with Genesis just around the corner, and oc CF2 coming out soon, it will be tough to top these badass mods.. cheers

So my hats off for Gibbon and OP who are STILL trying to keep Freelancer going.
I know there are other Dev teams out there trying their best, but i feel Gib and OP
are in a league of their own.

See you in Space

Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
{LNAW}Cygna
Commodore
Commodore

Male Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content